St Hugh (1140–1200 AD) was Bishop of Lincoln and known as the English St Francis.
Constructed from a disused smithy, this Grade II listed church was opened on 17th December 1888 and is dedicated to St. Hugh (1140 - 1200 A.D.) A chancel was added the following year.
The church is often open during the day and self-service refreshments are available. In bad weather and icy conditions it may be closed.
A visitors book encourages people to sign in. There is also a prayer book - we are happy to include anyone's petitions in our prayers.